I'm not even going to dignify this with a response

Monday, June 04, 2007

Crap

Oh, I feel like crap. My eyes hurt whenever I move them around in my head, and I'm still sore from working out on Saturday. It hurts to sit on the toilet seat, if that tells you anything. I didn't feel as though I were overdoing anything, but since it's been a few weeks since we've lifted, I guess I overestimated myself.

It's a damn good thing I have the day off today, because I really don't want to go anywhere or see anyone besides the boy, I suppose. Today was my dad's birthday. He would have been 49 today. Since he died 12 years ago, I've now had more than half my life without him. I lived with his cat longer than I lived with my dad, which is such a weird thought. Mr. Fezziwig lived for 16 years.

I miss that stupid cat, too. I remember the day we put him down. It was my 22 birthday. All these terrible things happen on what are supposed to be special days-my dad died on my mom's birthday, we put my cat down on my birthday... Those days are forever tainted for me.

June is a difficult month for me, and I think I got lucky, having these three days off. I really needed the chance to sit back and wallow. I do so love to wallow.

Of course, last year at this time I wasn't anywhere near wallowing. I was so excited about meeting Scott that I could barely contain myself. Life will lead you down some interesting paths-here I am, after a year, still feeling that excitement, but it's even better than it was before. I get so excited that I get to see him at the end of the day that I can hardly contain myself. It's so silly, because I see him nearly every day, but it's still like getting a prize for making it through the day.

I can't remember ever being this excited about someone after a year. I was with Steve for a year and a half, and by the end of that last year, I was just going through the motions. I wasn't really attracted to him, we never had sex, we never did anything together...there really wasn't any kind of future there.

As far as any kind of future with Scott...well, I know what I want. I can't ever really figure out what he's thinking, so I guess we'll see. I'm not in a huge hurry.

I am quite excited about going to Chicago with my mom in July. I haven't been to Chicago in over a year, which is a huge dry spell for me. I used to go 10x a year. I just love Chicago and going to Cubs games. Wrigley Field is awesome, and I love going there with my mom. We just have a blast. It'll be my first vacation in over a year, and I am so looking forward to having some time off. I also have to start planning for my trip to Cincinnati. Three days of tennis in the August heat-it's my favorite. I love sitting around in the sun, sweating my ass off, watching tennis players with no shirts on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home